Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Party All the Time

Tonight I had the honor of being a guest on Give Your Photos Stories Podcast. It was so much fun to record it and to speak to the women who were part of the panel of guests: Marcia Fortunato and Gretchen Henninger. The host, Debbie Hodge, owns getitscrapped.com and is so wonderful at what she does.

Anyone who knows me, knows that I love to take photos and look at photos. I am the family member that wants to get all of the family photos when no one else wants them. And I am the nosy relative who wants every detail about the photo. Who is in it? Why are they dressed that way? Where were they going and why were they going there? So the opportunity to talk about some of my photos was right up my alley.

The podcast topic was parties. As I looked through my photos and layouts, I realized that there have been a lot of parties in my life both as a child and as an adult. And today, I love planning parties.

Here are some of the photos I highlighted in the podcast along with their stories.

Here's a layout of a photo from my 2nd birthday. I'm surrounded by my uncles, a cousin, my grandparents and my dad whose head is cut off at the top of the photo. The 2nd photo is my 3rd birthday. Same group. Can you tell what decade it was? What girl doesn't love to be the center of attention? And for a little while, I was the only grandchild/niece. I was the first American-born grandchild and these photos are representative of how tight-knit our family was and still is. I feel so fortunate to have photos like this. It makes me so very nostalgic.




And who doesn't remember the parties in the classroom? My parents would take the day off (or half a day) to cut a cake for me at my school.


My parents were really into taking photos of the big moments. I can document almost every birthday party I have ever had with at least one photo. Below is a two-page layout of 4 birthday parties over the years.



Here I am in the last bash I planned, my 40th, birthday. 40 is the new 30, just in case you weren't sure.



Finally, I cannot talk about a party without mentioning my baby shower. I didn't have a formal, fancy wedding but I did have a baby shower with over 150 guests. It was the group of people who would have been at my wedding if I had one! It's also where I received my first scrapbook. It was the beginning of the end. Here, 2 of my very good friends from drove all the way from Albany, NY to attend my shower!



Now my life is full of kiddie parties. And I wouldn't have it any other way.








1 comment:

  1. Love all the pictures of you in your life Rosann! Love your clean and simple style!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment.